What We Do
New York – Long Island – Traffic Violations – DWI Defense
For experienced and imaginative representation on the entire range of DMV and driver’s license issues, including traffic violations involving truck drivers and commercial driver’s licenses, contact the Law Offices of Barry S. Jacobson in Brooklyn. He has more than 36 years of experience in New York Traffic Court as a former prosecutor, a defense attorney, certified NYSDOT breathalyzer operator, and as a former judge. He also has substantial experience with licensing problems and administrative hearings involving other professions and citations, such as stockbroker defense in NASD proceedings and resolving New York City fire code violations on behalf of building owners.
Among the situations we handle on behalf of private and professional clients are the following:
- Trucking violations, from traffic infractions and permit violations to serious and expensive overweight violations
- Commercial driver’s license problems for local and over-the-road truckers and owner-operators
- DWI charges of all kinds, including implied consent or breathalyzer refusal cases
- Traffic violations from failure to yield to driving without insurance or while suspended
- Driver’s license suspension and renewal problems relating to New York’s 11-point system of traffic violations and other situations
- Defense and resolution of New York traffic tickets on behalf of out-of-state drivers
- Representation of stockbrokers and securities dealers in NASD arbitration cases and disciplinary proceedings
- Representation of landlords, tenants, building owners, and businesses in cases involving alleged violations of New York fire, safety, or sanitary codes
- Defense of physicians, nurses, and other licensed medical professionals in state disciplinary board proceedings
New York traffic violations lawyer Barry Jacobson is a former President of the New York State DMV Administrative Law Judges Association, and has served in a leadership capacity in a half dozen other professional organizations. He’s also a member of the National College of DUI Attorneys and a graduate of the NHTSA Recognized 24 hour course in DWI Detection & Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (as well as DOT Certified Breathalyzer Operator).
Our staff is helpful and friendly and always there to help guide you through a difficult time and trying circumstances. We are not “Marketers”. We will tell you the truth straight out and give you an honest and fair assessment of your case including its strengths and weaknesses. We will never tell you what you may want to hear. We don’t make false promises or guarantees or assure you of a pie in the sky outcome. We will only give you a straight and honest assessment of your case and work with you to obtain the best possible outcome whether through plea or trial. We will help you understand the process of being charged with an offense as we know this situation may be new and confusing to you. We will fight to protect your Liberty, Financial and other interests. We are not general practitioners; we only do what we do and we do it well. To us “Competent” representation is only the beginning. Success is our goal. Let our experienced staff help you get through this most difficult period with assurance and dignity.
For a free initial consultation about your commercial driver’s license or DMV problem, contact the Law Offices of Barry S. Jacobson.